Thursday, July 9, 2020

The terrifying story of "Kuba", the man who saved Wisla from Krakow from bankruptcy

Jakub Blaszczykowski (34), the right wing of Wisla Krakow, has a touching life story.

Becoming the owner of the band he played for over a decade ago and to which he returned last year, "Kuba" (1.74 m) was well-known in Germany, and his fame and results also brought him money.

The Polish international signed Wisla in the autumn for a symbolic salary of 100 euros a month, and in April, when the coronavirus crisis put the club's bosses in a position to have no money to pay their salaries, Blaszczykowski invested a much of the fortune.
Dolha: "He looked like Neluțu Sabău as a style of play"

"A fine gesture, characteristic of him, a guy with a big heart, I'm glad he invested his money in football.

He is a champion and I don't label him like that after the number of trophies, the champions are seen as they behave, as they try to help and as they try to become better people.

"He was coming to get me a sack of balls"

Dolha and the current Wisla boss were colleagues between 2004 and 2007, before the midfielder left for the Bundesliga.

"In training, I would take the bags of balls and carry them to the field and back to the locker room. It was fashionable for older footballers not to carry bags, but I did. He always came to me and took a bag. A footballer with a great availability for effort, complete. He had dribbling, long pass, last pass ", says the former goalkeeper.


"It wasn't easy for me to publish something like that, but it's a moment I won't forget for the rest of my life."

Jakub had a cruel childhood. His father killed his mother right in front of his eyes. He was five years old, and the pictures still don't give him peace. When he wrote his autobiography, Kuba recounted everything. "It was not easy for me to publish something like this, but it is a moment I will not forget for the rest of my life," the Pole told Die Welt in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment